Saturday, October 6, 2012

Friendship.


Friendship . . . Tricky subject.

It seems to me that the older I grow, the less friendships matter. Socially, I guess, friendship is frivolous.
In high school there is no time for friendship. Rushing to grow up is all there is. And for us, the kids who know their place, it seems like we are left behind. The people I came in with, have gone off with someone else, in search of something they do not want to find. To those people, I say good luck, because its stupid of me to chase a train, when it dose not have rear-view mirrors.

I suppose the most difficult part in all of this commotion, and emotion, and misplaced devotion, is forgetting the memories that leave me with hope, the memories that serve as safety pens, holding together a loaded diaper.

People change. People do not revert, instead they grow into the people they are destined to be.  All us kids can do is thank them for the memories. They were not that great, but in retrospect greatness is magnified.

No comments:

Post a Comment